Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Guess I'll Blog (from Spring 2013)


Sometimes on Thursdays the custodian at the church will catch me looking out the window.  He will stop and say “are you ok?"  I just smile and nod.  Ever since I was young I have loved to just sit and look out the window and now it is part of my process for bringing together the sermons I preach every week.  Without that time to look out the window and reflect, meditate, calm down and focus, my sermons would be hurried thoughts incoherently strung together.  Beginning on July 1 I will be on family leave, which means I am taking a few years off of full time ministry to be home with my son.  So I am trying to figure out what to do with my window-view reflections.  Perhaps because people will be interested in them, but mostly I just want to stay sharp and focused.  So I will try a blog.  I just need some time to figure it out and make my page look decent.  Anyway, here is where I plan to share thoughts, reflections and ideas from the various lenses or windows I look through as an ordained pastor in The United Methodist Church, a mother of a toddler, the wife of a priest in the Episcopal Church and whatever else colors my view of the world.  The idea of blogging makes me feel far more vulnerable and insecure than preaching ever has, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment